Friday, April 13, 2012

Every Day Random Acts of Kindness

D4N is about friends gathering together to fill a need with a deed. Most times, the deed is planned ahead when we need to cook for someone but other times it's a surprise like cleaning the school yard after the Halloween fireworks night. In March we were unable to meet for a few weeks due to family issues and other obligations and I found myself really missing those ladies.
This week, I've been thinking a lot about the times when we don't get to meet, to help fill a deed with a need. I really missed not doing something nice for someone else, together.
Then, I thought about the 'acts of kindness' that I've been trying to teaching my children and myself. Because really, we don't need to wait to do it just once a week. We can do it everyday.

I did a little google searching to see what's out there... where random acts of kindness are concerned... and I found this fellow blogger who back in December of 2011 began an adventure to do and write out each act of kindness for 366 days. In his own words, "There are a ton of people out there who have worries both big and small. I know I can't solve every problem for every person, but I am going to try to do my part. Starting tomorrow, I am embarking on a journey to make people's lives better. 2012 consists of 366 days (unless the Mayans are right, then this is all for naught). Each one of those 366 days, I will do a random act of kindness for a stranger, friend or family member."


http://www.366randomacts.org/

      What about you and me? How can we make people's lives better each day?

I'm looking for stories to share about random acts of kindness. I know God doesn't want us to be boastful... because He does want us to do things in secret. But, this exercise isn't about boasting... it's about us sharing. Helping each other...  maybe with ideas on how to help... and who needs help in our community. I would love to hear your stories and ideas. Please comment below or email me.

"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land... You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11 NIV

FYI: D4N will be meeting Tuesday mornings now instead of Thursdays.

Have a great day!
D4N

No comments: