Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What kind of light bulb are you?

Matthew 5:14-16

You are the light that gives light to the world. A city that is built on a hill cannot be hidden. And people don't hide a light under a bowl. They put it on a lamp stand so the light shines for all the people in the house. In the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that they will see the good things you do and will praise your Father in heaven.

 What kind of light am I? 
After reading this passage last night I began to wonder... What type of illumination do I give off? 50 watts? 100 watts? Am I a dim bulb that flickers on and off because I'm barely attached? Am I a light that burns out quickly because of a short circuit? Or am I an econo bulb that lasts a long time? (and saves energy!) Am I a colourful Christmas light bulb that's only used on the Holidays? Or am I a grow light that helps seeds grow?
 Truthfully, I think I've been a bit of each at one time or another in my life. But what I hope to one day accomplish is to be a long lasting grow light for everyday use. A light that draws people to the love of God. A light to warm them up, so they have strength to make it through a few more cold days. A light to make the plant grow and have strong roots... so they intern, can sow seeds of love and become another long lasting grow light. So let me ask you....
What kind of light are you?

No comments: