Thursday, December 1, 2011

Never, Never Quit!

I'm too tired.
It's too hard.
You don't know what it's like.
I can't.
I just can't do this anymore.

I don't know about you, but I have said these words. I suppose most of us have at one time or another. Yes, life is tough. Yes, things don't always go the way we plan, but I like what Calvin has to say.

"I stand FIRM in my belief of what's right! I refuse to compromise my principles!" Says Calvin about not wanting to take a bath. The next image shows his mom entering the room and Calvin turned to make a dash for it as if to say, "No bath for me!" The last image in the comic strip is of Calvin in a bath full of bubbles stating, "I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." 

I chuckled when I saw this, and I wanted to scan the image from Bill Watterson's book "Attack of the deranged mutant killer monster snow goons." but I had scanner problems. I could have given up. Lord only knows I spent at least 1/2 hour trying to figure it out. I didn't give up - I wrote it out for you in story form. I wanted to show this image, for this blog, because I know that, no matter what we may think sometimes we are forced into an action we may not like (in Calvin's case a bath) but, we can still stand firm in our belief of what is right, whatever the circumstances; and this little comic strip said it all in a few words and images.

Life is difficult at times. You need to do things you don't want to sometimes, but instead of giving up, stand up straight and stand up firm. Even if you have to make a 'GRRRRR' face like Calvin and Hobbes here, but just keep going and never, never give up!


"You, O God, are both tender and kind, not easily angered, immense in love, and you never, never quit." Psalm 86:15 (MSG)


AHA! Eureka! I took a picture of it in Photo Booth...
One slight problem... it's backwards... Oooppps... Back to the drawing board.

No comments: