Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Where two or more are gathered

One of the "Deeds" ladies shared this with our group the other week. We were talking about the importance of praying together in a group setting.
I know for me, the hardest thing was to say out loud what I needed God to hear. I'm a very quiet person and to pray out loud was the hardest thing for me to learn. I didn't think maybe someone else needed to hear what I had to say. It was easier to keep it to myself.
Yet Jesus says, "Where two or more are gathered in My name, there I am in their midst."
He knew that sometimes we need to share with others (we trust) the things going on deep within our souls. The dark things that hold us back from becoming what God calls us to be. To speak them out loud, instead of keeping them inside where it festers and grows.
He knew it was important to bless and worship Him, to be grateful for life and to tell those in our midst that they are important to us.
He also knew it was important to learn and grow together as brothers and sisters in a family. Lift one and other up and equip eachother and remind eachother not 'who' we are but 'whose' we are.

Every Thursday morning as I drink coffee and cook or read or fill a need with a deed, and every Thursday night as I learn at LTI; I am reminded of how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends and I know when we gather, He is there.

I would love to hear your stories of fellowship and how God is in your midst. "Deeds for Needs" is not just about my stories, but our stories and if you feel the need to share one of yours please email me at anoesdelacourt@yahoo.com.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: