Thursday, December 8, 2011

Slow Down!



"What if we all slowed down just a bit? What if we all spent a little less time watching the lives of others and living our own." Kelli from Mini Vans are Hot


I was at a Fox hunt in Deroche a couple of weekends ago and I noticed this great sign put up along the dirt farm road connecting the barn with the main house.
"Old Dog, Young Dog, Several Stupid Dogs, Please Drive Slowly."
I loved the saying and I found myself thinking a lot about it all weekend, not because it was an intellectual saying with deep meaning, but because it made me laugh.
It also made me think about all the old dogs, young dogs and stupid dogs I meet in my day to day life. My life sometimes gets so hectic and fast that I zoom right past them, and at times run them over and hurt them with my unkind words or irritations. They couldn't help being in the way. They were on my path for a purpose, and I ran them over in my haste.
When we drive too quickly through life, we don't see the old, young or challenging individuals God places along our path. He brings all people into our lives for a purpose and reason. It is to learn something amazing, but if we drive too quickly, we miss the point.

Tonight at LTI class, I heard an audio presentation from Howard Hendricks, he was speaking on the art of managing your time and there was one thing he said that stood out, "Jesus was never in a hurry." He calls us to be like Him. Then why is this generation always in such a hurry?
"I don't have time." Has become the usual response. Why?
He goes on to say that, "we need to have clear cut objectives, otherwise we have only motion with no meaning" and that, "God has created each one of us for a purpose and he gives you enough time to do it. If you feel you have no time then maybe you're not doing what He asked you to do". Oopps!

Lord,
When I drive too fast through life, please slow me down.
I don't want to hurt anymore of your amazing creations because of my hurried attitude.
I don't want to miss out on anymore lessons, because I don't have time.
I don't want to miss out on connecting with someone wonderful.
Slow me down dear Lord.
Let me see what you wish me to see.
May I do what you called me to do.
Let me love who you place along my path.
In Jesus name. Amen


SLOW DOWN





















No comments: