Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Every Day Blessings

Before I even crawl out of bed to begin each new day, let me whisper a prayer of gratitude. Let me be thankful for the ordinary and celebrate everyday blessings. 
Anonymous


Each day of life and breath within me is a gift.
It is not to be wasted with worry and sadness.
"Just keep moving" is a motto for death;
Zombie mode
It should be Keep LIVING!
Recognizing that this life,
no matter how hard sometimes,
it's too precious not to be grateful for each and every day.

This past week, I have withdrawn from others. I have been in a foul mood. But, I didn't wish to spread it. So I kept to myself, I didn't want to spread my dis-ease. Throughout this little depression of mine, I was certain of only one thing, and that was, it wouldn't last. God would put me back on track, as He always does.

I found out today that my friend has Cancer. A harsh slap of reality to the normality of life. But her attitude of grace and living in the present puts my sadness of the last few days to shame.
She writes in her blog, "Peoples' face book statuses don't seem so witty or, well, even worth reading.  I want to scream at them, "Stop your inane writing!  People are dying all around you!  I am dying! Can't you see?  Don't you care?". 
It was my inane writing she was speaking about. 


I know, everyone goes through hardships in life, no one is immune, but it's really our attitude that sets us apart. Giving way to whining and complaints may not be the best road to follow; although every once in a while we can't help but stop there; as long as we keep moving forward and fill ourselves with God's attitude. 
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control (Galatians 5:22-23).

Life is a tough journey,
May our attitude be in the right place.
May we see each day God gives,
As a blessing.

"Yes, I do care!"

No comments: