Saturday, November 19, 2011

When You Fall, Get Back Up

It's been a tough week. My daughter was very sick, and I found out after 13 years of handling thousands of dollars in an accounting position within the airline industry, I was declined a cashiers position with a furniture store. I'm hoping it was because I was over qualified? 
I have sent my resume to many companies and very few have made any attempt at a reply. It's frustrating. Hence my foul mood last Wednesday, when my parents came for dinner.
"I'm looking forward to Christmas shopping," my mom sang. We were driving to pick up Alora from piano lessons.
"Bah Humbug." I sneered.
"What? That's not like you Anuschka."
"Well, that's the way I feel!"
"Just keep going," was my mantra this week. It came to a boiling point this morning in the shower when I just felt like I couldn't go any further. I fell down, and felt like I couldn't get back up.
"Why?" I cried. All week I tried to deal with it on my own. Wasn't it a few weeks ago, that wrote a sermon in my homiletics class about not holding on to crap in life? (That wasn't the title of my sermon).
"Just wash it down the drain Anuschka. Let it go." said that still small voice. It's hard to let go sometimes though. I tried my best. I pictured the worry, the anger and the frustration swirl down the drain. I knew I wasn't totally successful, when I got downstairs and yelled at Alora this morning. My neighbour was waiting to give her a lift to pony club and she couldn't find her boots. When I opened the door, I nearly tripped over a light green bag with a beautiful wash pitcher and basin in it. It was placed there on purpose. A reminder from God to wash it all away. He certainly works in mysterious and amazing ways.

 To that anonymous gift giver who listened to that still small voice, I thank-you. It's beautiful. An amazing reminder to give it all to God and wash those yuckies away.

Faith is to believe what we do not see; and the reward of this faith is to see what we believe.
Augustine

Love You!

No comments: