Saturday, November 12, 2011

Waiting

My daughter being her usual silly self
This is what I am doing now. Waiting. 
My daughter has an ear infection, and my husband is with her at the hospital. It's 11:19pm... they've been gone an hour. I'm sure I'll be waiting a few more hours. I hate waiting... 
So, I did the dishes, cleaned up the kitchen, wrote a poem and now I'm going to bake some bread. 








Waiting


It's hard to watch your child suffer in pain. 
I wish I could take it all away from her. 
But, I can't. 
So I watch, sit by her and comfort her.
Give her the medicines she requires.
Pray over her.
Love her.


Now, I wait.
And I hope that I've equipped her enough to deal with whatever pain comes.
I can not always physically be there for her.
But my thoughts and prayers are always there.
So, I wait.


My Father watches over me.
He sees my pain.
He hopes that He's equipped me to deal with whatever pain the world may bring.
Even though He can not physically be there for me.
He is there.
And He waits.

Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (NIV)

No comments: